This is a great combination between pristine forest, culture and the iconic Golfo Dulce.
More than a compass, a map, or a GPS, it is the rustle of the wind, the crashing roar of the waves, the advice of the Ceiba tree, the footprints in the mud, and the legacy of our ancestors... they show us which paths to follow and to share. Join us in this journey and discover the natural treasures hidden deep inside some of the least known areas of the Osa Peninsula.
Price: upon request.
Duration: 3 nights, 4 days
Difficulty: Good physical condition for medium difficulty hikes. Some horseback riding and kayak experience recommended.
Day 1: HorseBack ridding to El Salto water hole. Night tour to see amphibians, reptiles and insects. Overnight Stay at Dos Brazos de Rio Tigre Community
Day 2: Tour to a Butterfly Garden in La Tarde Community. Walk some trails full of different flora and fauna Birdwatch in the sunset Overnight you will stay with a local family
Day 3: Amazing hike to Los Patos Operational Center at Corcovado park and visit Los Patos Waterfall Walk riverdown through the park to the Alto Laguna indigenous Community Overnight stay at Golfo Dulce, Blanca beach.
Day 4: Breakfast and departure
WHAT TO BRING
- Bug Repellant
- Personal medication
- Binoculars highly recommended!
- Spare eyegl asses or contacts
- Earplugs for light sleepers
- Money belt
- Plastic bags
- Energetic Bars
- Towel (Dry fit)
- Reusable water bottle
- 25 lts backpack
- Flashlight (preferably rechargeable)
- 5 tours (Horseback riding, night walk, butterfly farm, birdwatching tour, hiking to Corcovado National Park).
- Lodgings: 3 overnights.
- Meals: 4 breakfast, 3 lunches and 3 dinners.
- Services and transportation not mentioned.
- Travel insurance.
- Optional or additional activities services.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Porters to carry luggage during the horseback riding tour.
- Bilingual tour guides for all other tours (can be arranged upon request for anadditional cost).
WHAT TO WEAR
- Bathing suit
- Walking or hiking shoes / boots
- Dry shoes for evening
- Flip flops or river sandals
- Extra underclothes and socks
- At least two pairs of long pants
- Light weight rain jacket or poncho
- Sun hat / baseball cap
- Long sleeved t-shirts
- Sunglasses Rubber boots