Complete experience of Osa Peninsula: history, culture, nature!
No other part of Costa Rica contains as much gold as the Osa Peninsula. From pre-Columbian times to the present, gold extraction has had a great impact in the development of the Osa region. We invite you to participate in this 6-day challenging adventure which will take you along the entire Osa Peninsula, from North to South, to discover gold mining culture and experience Osa at its fullest.
Price: upon request.
Duration: 5 days (4 days of full activities, last day traveling out)
Difficulty: High. Good physical condition for strenuous hikes. Previous horseback riding and kayak experience recommended.
Day 1: Visit Finca 6 Pre Columbian Museum. Mangrove boat tour along Sierpe Overnight you will stay with a local family and visit a waterfall.
Day 2: Walk through a road surrounding by forest Artesian gold tour extraction. Indigenous cultural tour Overnight you will stay at Playa Blanca at Golfo Dulce.
Day 3: Kayak tour through the mangroves and the beautiful calm waters of the Golfo Dulce Horseback riding to Dos Brazos Community Overnight you will stay at the gold miners town.
Day 4: A spectacular and intense one- day hike through Corcovado National park until arrive to Carate. Overnight you will stay at Carate Community.
Day 5: Morning Yoga Lessons with a paradisiac view. Breakfast and departure.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bug Repellant
- Personal medication
- Binoculars highly recommended!
- Spare eyeglasses or contacts
- Earplugs for light sleepers
- Money belt Plastic bags
- Energetic Bars
- Towel (Dry fit)
- Reusable water bottle
- 25 lts backpack
- Flashlight (preferably rechargeable)
- 10Tours (pre-Columbian tour, boat tour, waterfall hike, nature hike, gold mining tour, indigenous tour, horseback riding, kayak tour, day hike, yoga class)
- Lodgings: 4 overnights
- Meals: 5 breakfast, 4 lunches, 4 dinners.
- Bilingual guide: pre-Columbian tour, boat tour, indigenous tour, kayak tour.
- Services and transportation not mentioned.
- Travel insurance.
- Optional or additional activities services.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Porters to carry luggage during the horseback riding tour
- Bilingual tour guides for all other tours (can be arranged upon request for an additional cost)
WHAT TO WEAR
- Bathing suit
- Walking or hiking shoes / boots
- Dry shoes for evening
- Flip flops or river sandals
- Extra underclothes and socks
- At least two pairs of long pants
- Light weight rain jacket or poncho
- Sun hat / baseball cap
- Long sleeved t-shirts
- Rubber boots