It is a trip to visit, learn and enjoyed different water bodies (rivers, waterfalls, creeks, mangroves and the pacific ocean), surrounded by nature life and culture.
According to legend, the famous pirate Sir Francis Drake hid one of his legendary treasures in Drake Bay in the 16th century. But for us, the true gold of our land is everything that is alive in it. Discover all the hidden treasures in this Bay through the most commonly used transportation channels of the region: the sea and all the rivers that lead to it.
Price: upon request.
Duration: 4 days (3 full days of activities, last day traveling out)
Difficulty: Moderate physical condition required for medium difficulty hikes. Previous swimming and horseback riding experience recommended.
Day 1: Sierpe – Estero Guerra: Mangrove boat tour along Sierpe river to Estero Guerra. Stay with a local family and visit a waterfall.
Day 2: Estero Guerra – Progreso – Drake.
HorseBack ridding to Progreso Community Overnight stay at Tamadua Biological reserve and swim in four beautiful water holes
Day 3: Drake Bay – Caño Island:
Scuba Diving /Snorkeling at Isla de Caño Biological Reserve Walk from San Josecito beach to Rincon beach Overnight you will stay with a local family and watch the sunset with and amazing view
Day 4: Breakfast and departure
WHAT TO WEAR
- Bathing suit Walking or hiking shoes / boots
- Dry shoes for evening
- Flip flops or river sandals
- Extra underclothes and socks
- At least two pairs of long pants
- Light weight rain jacket or poncho
- Sun hat / baseball cap
- Long sleeved t-shirts
- Rubber boots
- 5 tours ( boat tour, waterfall hike, horseback riding, nature hike, snorkeling)
- Lodgings: 3 overnights
- Meals: 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners.
- Services and transportation not mentioned.
- Travel insurance.
- Optional or additional activities services.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Porters to carry luggage during the horseback riding tour
WHAT TO BRING
- Bug Repellant
- Personal medication
- Binoculars highly recommended!
- Spare eyeglasses or contacts
- Earplugs for light sleepers
- Money belt
- Plastic bags
- Energetic Bars
- Towel (Dry fit)
- Reusable water bottle
- 25 lts backpack Flashlight (preferably rechargeable)